[Samba] Replication not working for remote Domain Controller

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 08:09:17 UTC 2019

> Good, the _msdcs domain is the forest domain

So is it normal that DC4 is not in that?

> but are there records for

all three DCs in:

> DC=your.domain.com
> ,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=your,DC=domain,DC=com

I tried to find this path in the LDAP Browser and ASDI Edit but I did not
manage in find it.
In the Windows DNS Manager connected to DC1 I found _ldap SRV records for
dc1 and dc2 into DNS\dc1\Forward Lookup Zones\my.domain.com
\domaindnszones\_sites\mysite\_tcp.
There are no record for dc4 there.

> What version(s) of Samba is this ?

Samba Version 4.6.7-Ubuntu on every three domain controllers.

Thanks!