[Samba] security = ads parameter not working in samba 4.9.5

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 11 13:19:39 UTC 2019

On 11/12/2019 12:54, Sac Isilia via samba wrote:
> Hi Belle,
>
> Below is the output after I performed the suggested steps.
>
> root at esmad1apl01:~# net ads join -U media\\svc_domjoin02 -d6

You have a major problem here, you seem to attempting to join using
'media\\svc_domjoin'

The workgroup is 'media' and the user is 'svc_domjoin'.

First possible problem, who is 'svc_domjoin' ? and does the user have
the required privileges to join a computer the domain ?

However your main problem is that you are using a user from the 'media'
workgroup, but your workgroup on the proposed Unix domain member is
'EMEA-MEDIA', they cannot be different.

> Processing section "[global]"
> doing parameter workgroup = EMEA-MEDIA
> doing parameter realm = EMEA.MEDIA.GLOBAL.LOC

Rowland