[Samba] Troubles with Mac clients

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Dec 10 15:13:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-10 15:26, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> Every time you set 'vfs objects', you turn off the ones before, you have:
>
>           vfs objects = acl_xattr
> Then:
>           vfs objects=audit
>
> Then in a share:
>           vfs objects=audit recycle
>
> This means that 'acl_xattr' isn't used, 'share1' uses 'audit' and
> 'homes' uses 'audit' and 'recycle'

This is exactly what I'd like to have, i.e. audit for all shares and
audit+recycle for just one.

Sorry for the first line w. acl_xattr, which should not be there.

> Can I suggest that you set 'vfs objects' in [global] with this line:
>
> vfs objects = acl_xattr audit
>
> and this line in [homes] (if this is the only share you want to use with
> recycle):
>
> vfs objects = acl_xattr audit recycle

Do you mean I should enable acl_xattr? I'd rather not, but if that's
required, I will.

> You may wish to investigate using MAC vfs objects, they should help with
> your MAC clients.

But I didn't have them in my previous setup... are they required now?

> If the above doesn't stop the crashes (smbd shouldn't crash) then we are
> going to need level 10 logs etc.

I'll move to log 10, in the meanwhile...

  bye & Thanks
	av.