[Samba] smb.conf printers via cups

nathalie ramat nathalie.ramat at univ-littoral.fr
Tue Dec 10 12:17:18 UTC 2019

hello

I use samba 4.9.5 on a buster .  For manage printers i use cups .
I want to use this printers on my windows client -

I configured my smb.conf as :

[gobal]

load printers = yes
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
disable spoolss = no

[printers]
comment = all printers
path=/var/spool/printers
browseable =yes
printable = yes
guest ok =yes
use client driver = yes

[print$]

comment = printers drivers
path=/var/lib/samba/printers
read only = yes
browseable = yes
guest ok =no

When I execute samba  I have the following error :

reloading printcap cache
reload status :ok
adding printer service bureau_115_hp_4200
/usr/sbin/smbd: pid_to_procid: messaging_dgm_get_unique failed: Aucun
fichier ou dossier de ce type
/usr/sbin/smbd: send_all_fn: messaging_send_buf to 16162 failed:
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

I have make few tests :

When disable spoolss = no -- > the error disappears but i need it  to
use windows printers .

on my file /etc/cups/printers.conf --> my printer are well defined -

I probably forgot something in the configuration in my smb.conf

thanks for your help

--

Nathalie RAMAT-LECLERCQ

Service Informatique

Universite du Littoral-Côte d'Opale
SCoSI - Service Commun du Système d'Information
Pôle Systèmes et réseaux

Centre de Gestion Universitaire de Calais
50 rue ferdinand Buisson
C.S 80699
62228 CALAIS CEDEX