[Samba] unix_primary_group=yes together with vfs objects=acl_xattr not working

Klaus Jaensch klausj at phonetik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Dec 10 11:41:33 UTC 2019

Hello all,

we want to change the configuration of our Samba domain member file
servers to use

unix_primary_group=yes

After some experiments I was able to get it to work, but only with

vfs objects = acl_xattr

commented out.

With acl_xattr enabled the primary group is still displayed correctly in
the output of smbstatus, but new files are not created with with this
primary group. The created files have the default group 'users' instead.

Is it a  bug in the acl_xattr module?

I used the latest Ubuntu server version for testing:

Samba version 4.10.7-Ubuntu

Klaus