[Samba] Backing up tdb files

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Dec 5 17:33:38 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 17:22 +0000, Nick Howitt via samba wrote:
> On 05/12/2019 17:19, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> >
> > On 05/12/2019 17:04, Nick Howitt via samba wrote:
> > > I am trying to determine which tdb files must be backed up in
> > > order
> > > to perform a proper system restore. I am running Centos's
> > > samba-4.9.1-6.el7.x86_64 as a PDC.
> >

> It is an NT4-style PDC with an LDAP back end.

When backing up Samba TDB files always use tdbbackup.

Thankfully, the most critical data is all in your OpenLDAP, which I'm
sure you are backing up already.  The rest of the files are organised
per the FHS rules, which tells you which files need which lifetime.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/