[Samba] security = ads parameter not working in samba 4.10.10

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 5 10:15:54 UTC 2019

On 05/12/2019 06:16, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Sorry , I spoke too soon getent passwd "a new user to this server"
> doesn't work .
> But wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g always worked perfectly in any case , why
> getent don't ?

If 'wbinfo -u' works, 'getent passwd username' doesn't, then it points
to a lack of, or wrong, rfc2307 attributes (if you are using the 'ad'
backend).

Any users you want to be visible to Unix, must have a uidNumber
attribute containing a unique number inside the DOMAIN range set in
smb.conf. You MUST also give Domain Users a gidNumber containing a
number inside the same range.

Rowland