[Samba] hp-ux samba windows client fails to delete directory

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Dec 5 09:37:40 UTC 2019

On 12/5/19 9:58 AM, Kumar, Arjit (SSTO) wrote:
>> yes, probably works as designed.
> I have enabled "strict rename" also but the behavior is still same.
> As some time \FOLDER_A\FOLDER_B gets deleted but not \FOLDER_A, while sometime both  \FOLDER_A and , \FOLDER_A\FOLDER_B got deleted.
> Behavior is not consistent in this scenario.
> Which one of above is expected behavior by design ?

It depends. :) If user 2 with cwd in folder_b really has a open handle
on that dir, then with strict rename enabled I'd expect the client
attempting the delete should get a consistent error message.

I recommend taking a closer look at network traces and code.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/