[Samba] Upgrading from Debian Stretch to Buster, Van Belle package

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 4 11:49:20 UTC 2019

Hai Léa,

If you on debian stretch now, i suggest you do the following.

First upgrade samba on debian stretch, upto 4.10.10.

> Is it this line that I will have to put in
> "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list":
> deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba411 main
> contrib non-free

Yes, but as said, i suggest, use small steps in the upgrade.

stretch-samba48
stretch-samba49
stretch-samba410
Then when your at 4.10 you can safe upgrade to buster to
buster-samba410
buster-samba411

When upgrading use : apt-get dist-upgrade --autoremove
Which is needed to replace and remove optional samba packages.
In the step from 4.10 to 4.11 the upgrade might stop.
Then use: apt --fix-broken install
That should remove libldb1 and upgrade contineus with installing libldb2.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis