[Samba] Problems with Internal DNS Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 03:28:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have updated my DC's to Samba 4.10.7, but I still can't add a new DC to
the domain. I believe the problem is with Samba Internal DNS.

So I would like to convert my DNS from Internal DNS to  Bind9_DLZ of the
production DC's. Then I will join a new DC to the domain to see if it works.

I checked the tutorials:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_BIND_DNS_Server
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_DNS_Back_End_of_a_Samba_AD_DC

But I found it a little complicated.

I'm in doubt if I have to configure all DNS zones manually (servers,
networks, ptr, records, A records, CNAMES and others) as a simple Bind or
if automatically configures it when do samba adjustments to turn it in
Bind9_DLZ (samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ).

Could anybody help me?

Regards,

Márcio Bacci