[Samba] no DNS functionality on second subnet

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 30 12:37:07 UTC 2019

> It looks like the OP sent the above directly to Louis and not to the
> list and it backs up what I said, this is a dns problem ;-)

Ah, i did not notice that is was send directly.

A small bit of extra info, how/why/what.

Primary DNS suffix is used by your workstation as search suffix when you connect to a server.
The connection DNS suffix can be used if the computer needs to be also registered in another dns zone.
( connection DNS suffice :  DHCP option 15 )

Handy to know.

Greetz,

Louis