[Samba] Upgrade Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:12:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

To upgrade my secondary DC Samba 4.5-16 to 4.8 should I remove the smb.conf
file in /etc/samba first? I remember I tried last month to upgrade from
4.5-16 to 4.7 and broke the installation.

Or are just the procedures below enough?

Create this file repo file for apt.
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba48 main contrib
non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Import my key.
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add
-

apt update -y && apt upgrade -y
Remove the 4.8 line from the repo, enable 4.9 repeat apt update && apt
upgrade
systemctl stop samba-ad-dc && systemctl start samba-ad-dc

Then I will upgrade to 4.9 and 4.10.

If all goes well, I'll do it for DC Samba 4 Master.

Regards,

Márcio Bacci