[Samba] [OT?] W10, SYSTEM, guest access.

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Aug 28 16:14:38 UTC 2019

[ I've just asked abut that, here, but now seems a simpler things, so i
  retry... ]

This seems NON a samba touble, but a different behaviour in M$
client OS. But, really, i've not clue how to find an answer...

Suppose to have a Win7 and a Win10 machine, both NOT joined to a
domain. Suppose to have a share, with guest access enabled, where only
readonly access are needed.

Suppose also to spawn a SYSTEM shell (psexec -d -s -i cmd).

What we note is that:

a) win7 client NOT joined to the domain access the share as SYSTEM in
 guest mode.

b) win7 client joined to the domain access the share as SYSTEM in
 guest mode (supposed).

c) win10 client NOT joined to the domain FAIL to access the share as
 SYSTEM (normal user can access the share).

d) win10 client joined to the domain access the share as SYSTEM using
 the machine account (verified).

This happen seems at the same way in ''NT like'' and ''AD'' domains.

The trouble come from the fact that 'access' is run some setup scripts,
and without doing registry setup we cannot join the Win10 box to the NT
domain. Yes, we have a bootstrap problem. ;-)

Someone can point me to some documentaztion, to make Win10 behave like
win7, or at least try to?

Thanks.