[Samba] Samba 4.10.7 question with external DNS Server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 28 15:10:00 UTC 2019

Maurizio,

Yes it's possible.

Sample setup.

SAMBA_DNS -> forward to -> other DNS server.
Where the optional "other DNS server" can be any DNS server you want.
In lan or on the internet.

You just can not use samba + bind9(_DLZ) and flatfiles.

More info
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_BIND_DNS_Server

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Administration

I hope this helps you..