[Samba] Problems joining station in domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 28 08:14:32 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 10:08 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai,
>
> I re-checked your config that looks all good, few minor things.
>
> Now, i noticed this in Andrews comment.
> Quote:
> The problem here is that Samba's python libraries are trying to find
> the DNS record they just added over RPC, but can't using LDAP.  They do
> this to fix the ownership of the records, as otherwise they will be
> owed by the administrator, not the DC.

The relevance is that, as mentioned, the domain started with Windows.
We have a problem there, which is why the extreme measure of joining
with a really old version was needed.

Sadly that now means that the domain is in a slightly different
arrangement to what we expect, and no amount of fiddling settings will
fix it, it is 'just' a code bug/db layout issue.

Sorry!

Andrew Bartlett