[Samba] Upgrading samba and OS - can I rejoin ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 26 21:43:53 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 13:52 +0200, Joachim Lindenberg via samba wrote:
> I ran across this several times during my experimentation and assumed it is safe to remove secrets.*db.
> Actually I would prefer if the tool would just prompt whether this is a rejoin attempt and then does whatever is needed to clean up.
> Regards, Joachim

I understand the desire, but an accidental rejoin is quite disruptive
on a large domain (all the other DCs have to check that they have all
the objects on the 'new' DC), so I would prefer to improve our
exception handling to print this in a nicer way.

Also, we generally avoid unexpectedly prompting, it can cause automated
scripts to hang forever or otherwise misbehave.

I hope this clarifies things,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett