[Samba] Password Settings Objects - Maximum password age not enforced?

Max Olivas molivas at northglenn.org
Mon Aug 26 14:57:09 UTC 2019

Bueller.......Bueller...........Bueller...........

>>> Max Olivas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> 8/22/2019 12:29 PM >>>
Anyone using PSO's in a production environment???
>>> Max Olivas via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> 8/21/2019 3:23 PM >>>
Hey All,

I am testing PSO password policies and am having trouble getting the Maximum password age to be enforced.  I have a test policy applied to a group and it does enforce complexity and Minimum password length but not the Maximum password age.  Anyone using this setting for PSO's?

Samba version 4.10.0-Ubuntu

Password information for PSO 'TESTpolicy'

Precedence (lowest is best): 10
Password complexity: on
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 10