[Samba] Upgrading samba and OS - can I rejoin ?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 26 12:56:31 UTC 2019

On 26/08/2019 13:44, Joachim Lindenberg wrote:
> It is interesting to see two members of the Samba Team disagree.
Just because we are on the same team, this doesn't mean we will agree
100% of the time ;-)
> Though I really appreciate the support provided by Rowland a lot, I definitely favor Andrew´s "If  something isn't being cleaned up then that's a bug".

I never said it wasn't a bug, yes, you should be able to rejoin a DC
with the same name, but the standard advice on Windows seems to be 'use
a new name'.

If you are going to re-use a DC name, then you need to demote the old DC
entirely.

The only problem is that the old DCs info will still be in deleted objects.

Rowland