[Samba] Upgrading samba and OS - can I rejoin ?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 26 11:43:31 UTC 2019

Hai Andrew,

I just tested this on 4.10.7
Which resulted in :

ERROR(<class 'samba.join.DCJoinException'>): uncaught exception - Can't join,
error: Not removing account DC1$ which looks like a Samba DC account matching the password we already have.
To override, remove secrets.ldb and secrets.tdb

The wiki does not say we have to remove the old the secrets.

Report it as bug? Or add the info on the wiki to remove the secrets files?

Greetz,

Louis