[Samba] How to dump options being used when running?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Aug 24 21:02:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 05:06:17PM +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 24/08/2019 16:55, Zalth via samba wrote:
> > For THIS thread, why do you need the smb.conf ?
> >
> You have two threads running for basically the same thing, so it doesn't
> really matter which I reply to, I get the same reply, little or nothing.
>
> I am trying to help you, but you are just trying.
>
> If you want help, please post your smb.conf (you can sanitise it), this may
> just be the starting point, but we have to start somewhere.
>
> In your very first post you said that you are new to Samba, I am not, so if
> you want help, start by helping yourself by posting your smb.conf

This, this a thousand times this !

Zalth, Rowland is asking this for a *reason*. He is one
of the most helpful people on the list, and one of the
best ways to get help is for you to follow his advice,
and please post your smb.conf.

Samba is a *very* complicated beast. Without knowledge
of how you have it configured, there is no way anyone
can understand why it may be behaving the way it is.

Jeremy.