[Samba] no connections yet target is busy, can't unmount

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Aug 24 06:33:29 UTC 2019

On 23/08/2019 23:29, Zalth via samba wrote:
> New to samba. Win7 machine cleanly shut down on home network, umount still reports "target is busy". What needs tweaking?
>
> With the Win7 machine shutdown, umount succeeds (seemingly only) after restarting smbd, for example: systemctl restart smbd
>
> Samba version 4.5.16-Debian
>
> Samba is installed standalone, (from /etc/samba/smb.conf:
> server role = standalone server )
[quote]

Generally, how can I get a dump of a running configuration?  What query do I need to run to get a listing of the actual options being used when running, for example when a particular option is not set in smb.conf?  Or if it is set in smb.conf, what is the actual setting being used?

[/quote]

Please do not open a new thread on the same subject.

type 'cat /etc/samba/smb.conf' in a terminal

then cut & paste the ouput into a reply to this thread.

It might also help if you tell us how you 'mount' the share.

Rowland