[Samba] Net ads command output error

2S Raul - GAP-FZ raulrmr2 at fab.mil.br
Fri Aug 23 12:23:14 UTC 2019

Hello everyone. When trying to join a machine running Ubuntu 18.04 on my domain using net ads join -U administrator command, the machine joins the domain, but a strange error message is displayed. As shown below.

root at BASEBUNTU-V2:/home/administrador# net ads join AD.BAFZ.INTRAER -U administrator
Enter administrator's password:

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Using short domain name -- BAFZ
Joined 'BASEBUNTU-V2' to dns domain 'ad.bafz.intraer'

Running other variations of the net ads command also displays the same error message. Example:

root at BASEBUNTU-V2:/home/administrador# net ads testjoin

Error reading password from file descriptor 0: empty password

Join is OK

Interestingly, the machine is joined to the domain correctly. Login with domain users, shared folders and their permissions, everything is working correctly. Windows machines are also normally joining the domain. But I find this error message strange. Has anyone been through this or would have a tip on what it may be?

If you need my configuration files I can post here.

thankful

Raul M