[Samba] Winbind timeouts/hangs(?)

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Fri Aug 23 11:38:59 UTC 2019

Hello Rowland,

Am 23.08.2019 13:12, schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> Do not bother, I take it you missed that red-hat (who produces sssd)
> no longer supports using sssd with Winbind. So your cure is obvious:
> apt-get purge sssd

as I'm not using sssd and winbind for the same authentication domain
(rather, winbind is for a windows domain, sssd for an LDAP-based
authentication domain, and the usernames don't overlap), my only
solution would be to switch to sssd completely, which is definitely
possible thanks to idmap_sss (i.e., there's interoperability between
winbind and sssd when both go against the same domain, as not having any
integration would break all the other Samba services when working with
sssd).

So, anyway, this comment is neither correct (RedHat explicitly states
how to configure winbind/samba to work in tandem with sssd), and is also
not applicable to my situation. Thanks anyway.

--
--- Heiko Wundram.