[Samba] winbind on DC : how use gidNumber instead of primaryGroupID as user's primary group

Prunk Dump prunkdump at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:19:49 UTC 2019

Le lun. 19 août 2019 à 12:37, Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> a écrit :

> On 19/08/2019 11:13, Prunk Dump via samba wrote:
> > Last important thing. I use some script to manage my users from Linux.
> > As I can't use the "id" command to get the user gidNumber on DC :
> >
> > What is the fastest command to get the user gidNumber value on a samba DC ?
> >
> Sounds like you haven't set up the libnss-winbind links, but when you
> do, don't be surprised if you get IDs in the '3000000' range
>
> Rowland

Sorry I don't formulate my question very well. Libnss-winbind is well
configured on my DC. But :

On some of my scripts I need to get the users "gidNumber" attribute
value. As on DC winbind always give "Domain Users" as gid I can't use
the "id" or "wbinfo' command to get the "gidNumber" attribute value.
So my question is : Is there a faster equivalent of this command :

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
a_base_dn_that_contain_all_my_users '(cn=myusername)' gidNumber | grep
gidNumber | sed 's/gidNumber: //'

Is there a samba command to get as fast as possible an user LDAP
attribute values ?

Regards,

Baptiste.