[Samba] Problems with NIS Server on Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 01:59:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

I performed the procedures below on Samba4-DC1 (Master) and apparently
everything went fine.

/etc/init.d/samba-ad-dc stop

sed -i -e 's/${DOMAINDN}/DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br/g' \
         -e 's/${NETBIOSNAME}/SAMBA4-DC1/g' \
         -e 's/${NISDOMAIN}/empresa/g' \
         /tmp/ypServ30.ldif

root at samba4-dc1:/tmp# ldbmodify -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
/tmp/ypServ30.ldif --option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true
Modified 55 records successfully

/etc/init.d/samba-ad-dc start

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -s base -b
CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br cn
# record 1
dn:
CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br
cn: ypservers

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

However I noticed that an error arose in replication with Samba4-DC2, as
follows:

samba-tool drs showrepl
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br
        Default-First-Site-Name\SAMBA4-DC2 via RPC
                DSA object GUID: 45b5b534-9bcc-483c-8f6d-5bbc37dc35e9
                Last attempt @ Mon Aug 19 22:28:59 2019 -03 failed, result
64 (WERR_NETNAME_DELETED)
                1 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Mon Aug 19 22:07:23 2019 -03