[Samba] Problems with NIS Server on Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 20:45:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

>Ah, I think I see the problem, If I remember correctly, you joined the
>the Samba DC to a Windows DC and if you didn't have IDMU installed on
>the Windows DC, you wouldn't get the required objects in AD created on
>the Samba DC either.

Really, IDMU was not installed.

There is the file ypServ30.ldif
ls /usr/share/samba/setup/
 ypServ30.ldif

But, I believe the extension is not enabled:

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -s base -b
CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br cn
search error - No such Base DN:
CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=br

This way, Do I need to install NIS (apt-get install nis) or only Replace
the variables in LDIF file with the domain distinguished name (DN), NetBIOS
name, and the NIS domain ?

Regards,

Márcio Bacci