[Samba] interference of the nmbd service with the dhcp of the debian server??

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 19 14:52:37 UTC 2019

Hai Elias,

One more possibility...

Does this happen on the XEN Server of Client (guest OS).
If Xen, which xen version?

I notice on XCP-ng 7.6 that, somehow the management IP changed from static to dhcp.
In 7.6, im prepaired an upgrade to 8.0, which should be done somewhere this week.
Fix for this is very simple, goto the xconsole and set the ip again.
( no reboots needed )

> - The server is an xenserver VM;
> - The "vlan" that the server is part of does not have DHCP enabled;
> - In xenserver already changed the MAC a few times, because
> it could, I don't know, have a static DHCP configured;
>
> The IP configured as static is: 10.10.10.7 (example ip)
> The last IP that the server got automatically was:
> 10.10.10.88 (example ip)

If you talking about the VM.
AND is has only one ip configed by default.

You should be able to run this.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/debian-scripts/master/setup-systemd-networkd.sh
It does not change anything to the system, but i give you the option to switch to systemd.
Currently all my domain members are configured throught systemd-networkd because is safe packages to install.

> I searched for logs with IP 10.10.10.88 and returned:
>
> root at fileserver:/var/log/samba# grep -Rin "10.10.10.88" .
> ./machines/nmbd.log:71:   dump workgroup on subnet 10.10.10.88:
> netmask=255.255.255.xxx:
> ./machines/nmbd.log:85:   dump workgroup on subnet 10.10.10.88:
> netmask=255.255.255.xxx:
>
> Any idea? ????

An other option,