[Samba] Problems with NIS Server on Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:12:04 UTC 2019

Hi,
>How are you trying to create the Unix (RFC2307) attributes ?
I am following the article:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Maintaining_Unix_Attributes_in_AD_using_ADUC

Open ADUC.
Right-click to a user account and choose properties.
Navigate to the "UNIX Attributes" tab.

>Also, what do you mean by 'it doesn't bother any NIS server' ?
Sorry, Google translated it wrong.
Did you mean: Not appear the domain name to select in the NIS Domain field.

>Do you mean that the RFC2307 attributes are not being used ?
No. Do I need change my smb.conf from:

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = EMPRESA
 realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
 netbios name = EMPRESA
 dns forwarder = 192.168.1.1
 ldap server require strong auth = no

[netlogon]
 path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
 read only = No

[sysvol]
 read only = No
 acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = EMPRESA
 realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
 netbios name = EMPRESA
 dns forwarder = 192.168.1.1
 idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
 ldap server require strong auth = no

[netlogon]
 path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
 read only = No

[sysvol]
 read only = No
 acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes