[Samba] winbind on DC : how use gidNumber instead of primaryGroupID as user's primary group

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 19 09:00:52 UTC 2019

Hai,

Fist of all, i must say it not very wise to have you NFS server on the AD-DC.

I do about the same but my NFS server is on a member.

Have you configured /etc/nsswitch.conf ?
If not do that.

If you run : id username
I see : uid=10002(NTDOM\username) gid=10000(NTDOM\domain users) groups=10000(NTDOM\domain users)
So my GID and Primary group id are the same.

I dont see any thing in correct here, its just how you use it.
On my NFS the files are also owned by "domain users", exactly as i want.

If its about rights on files/folders, use the other groups to allow access or deny access
Use "domain users" to allow users to change files.

Does this help you a bit?

> Thanks for help !
>
> Baptiste.

Greetz,