[Samba] Error Demoting DC Windows from Domain

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 15:01:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have jointed 2 Samba 4 servers in my domain and transferred FSMO roles to
the primary Samba 4 server.

I have verified that the Samba 4 servers are OK, but I am having trouble
removing the latest DC Windows Server 2008.

It reports that there is no other DC to transfer data from the directory DC
= DomainDNSZones, DC = Enterprise, DC = com, DC = br

However the functions are all on my DC Samba 4 Primary

root at samba4-dc1:~# samba-tool fsmo show
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=SAMBA4-DC1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=empresa,DC=com,DC=brDC=br

Can I delete the Windows Server server anyway?

Regards,

Márcio Bacci