[Samba] Windows cannot access \\server check the spelling of the name 0x800704cf

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 13 14:16:20 UTC 2019

Hai Rich,

Your output of ipconfig /all

Where are these?
Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . :

This one is below in the output.
Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Verify above again, if these 3 are all there and set to webb.local
Then try this : in you network settings, disable ipv6
Beside ipv6 and the 2 missing outputs, i see the same here on my pc.

DNS server 192.168.5.160 is one of your DC's ?
And if you have more DC's, add the other also in the dhcp config.

And Is dhcp option 015 DNS Domain Name set?

Greetz,

Louis