[Samba] rsnapshots/rsync 2 shares

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Aug 9 08:38:37 UTC 2019

Am 09.08.19 um 10:29 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

>>> Are you using the winbind 'ad' backend on all Unix domain members ?
>> You might have guessed "no" or "it's complicated":
>>
>> the server pulling the rsnapshots is also a DC (and not a DM)
>>
> not that complicated ;-)
>
> Pretend we are discussing sysvol and read this about idmap.ldb if you do
> not want to use the winbind 'ad' backend attributes:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Built-in_User_.26_Group_ID_Mappings

yep, thanks

the current rsnapshot run takes hours already ... I will wait for it to
complete first and check the results.

So far it looks as if "-aAX" does the trick anyway. "--numeric-ids"
always was there and a plain ls shows the same owner:group names on both
source=DM and target=DC

will report back