[Samba] [Bug] Cannot create file but read/write is ok

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 8 10:32:46 UTC 2019

On 08/08/2019 10:21, lampahome wrote:

>      and clean my glasses ;-)
>
>     I totally misread '%U:%g@%I'
>
>             %U session username
>
>             %g primary group name of %u.
>
>     Notice the difference in case of '%U' & '%u'
>
>     Try '%G' instead, this is the primary group name of %U.
>
> I fix it to %U|%G|%I
> still failed. It always shows input/output error when I run $touch file

It is a possibility that your users primary group  doesn't exist on the
computer where you are mounting from.

It also might help if you say what your clients are, the users primary
group only really makes sense from a Windows machine, where it should be
'Domain Users' (if a domain joined computer), or 'Users' if not. From a
Unix client, the users primary group will also be the users private
group, which is usually the same as the users name.

Rowland