[Samba] Netbios node type value WITHOUT wins server only WITH DNS server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 6 11:10:00 UTC 2019

Getting rid of netbios does not mean you should not configure it.
You "should" configure it.

And even if you disable WINS, LLMNR is still running, so you gained.. .. Nothing with disabling WINS.

Just in this case make sure your NETBIOS names obey the DNS rules and
https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/909264/naming-conventions-in-active-directory-for-computers-domains-sites-and

Also, if using CIFS (SMB) to access any shared storage from this server, DO NOT disable NETBIOS.

Last, i suggest you read :
http://woshub.com/how-to-disable-netbios-over-tcpip-and-llmnr-using-gpo/

Greetz,

Louis