[Samba] more cleanup: mis-named AD user

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 6 10:44:15 UTC 2019

Hai,

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Namens
> Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
> Verzonden: dinsdag 6 augustus 2019 11:37
> Aan: samba at lists.samba.org
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] more cleanup: mis-named AD user

....  Just checking the configs ;-)..  These look ok.

> > Example output where you see this.
> > I guessing its : smbstatus -a
>

> smbstatus -b
Ok.
I've checked this also on my Jessie/Stretch and Buster member servers
The only place i see root:root is on the pc's where im logged in as Administrator.

I did the same check on a Jessie with 4.8.12 and stretch with 4.9.11 and buster with 4.10.6
All Same result, no root:root only there where and Administrator is logged in.

> As mentioned before, the guy isn't at work right now.

I suggest, reset is password. Login as this users and manualy disconnect all network shares.
Logout and login again and check again.

If its still there, turn of that pc.
Repeat above on an other pc.

If its still there, then its something in the user profile is my first guess.
Else its in the pc itself.

> Will provide more info later.
>

> > And the "root/root" you see, isnt that the user Administrator.
> > That for example in backgroup is installing things AND you
> have setup a roaming profile for Administrator.
> > Then yes, its normal.  ;-)
>
> no, I don't think that this is the case here.

Im not convinced.. (yet).

But as far i can see now, its not samba.

Greetz,

Louis