[Samba] Configuration help

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 6 07:32:39 UTC 2019

On 06/08/2019 07:54, Guillaume Couvreur via samba wrote:
> Hello, here are the google logs.
>
> *[2019-08-05 17:04:31,544+0200] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-2] [ERROR]
> [plugin.ldap.AbstractLdapHandler] Failed to execute query because the
> object at Base DN: "dc=xxx,dc=xxx" is missing or inaccessible.*
>
> Are there any interesting logs on the samba side? Where can I find them?

As you haven't told us which distro you are using, this is a bit
difficult, but typically, they would be in /var/log/samba

If they are not there, you can find where they are on your DC by running
this:

samba -b | grep 'LOGFILEBASE' | awk '{print $NF}'

It may help if you can post the query that is being run.

Also can you post the smb.conf from the DC

Rowland