[Samba] DNS state after upgrading samba

HB Tranfert hb.transfert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:58:50 UTC 2019

Thanks for your answer Rowland.
That's bad news since the new DC is now in production and I can't take the risk
to break anything.

Reply inline :

I trusted the demoting procedure on the Wiki . I thought it was ok since my  old DC was online and ok.
I guess it is too late to do that one now ?

> You will probably have to trawl through sam.ldb and find the records that
> need to be removed and then try and remove them with samba-tool and/or
> ldb-tools.
> You will need to add your new DC to the SOA before removing the old DCs
> record.
I think I will need help for all that.
As far as I understand , this is the first step : adding the new DC to the SOA .
Can I do that from the RSAT DNS Console ?
Is it possible to modify the SOA by replacing the Primary Server to the new DC on the SOA tab,
and removing the old DC from the list of Name Servers in the Name Servers Tab ?

Thanks

Henri