[Samba] samba dlz. bind9 nslookup is wrong

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 5 09:09:26 UTC 2019

On 05/08/2019 09:55, Patrik via samba wrote:
> the dig is wrong as well, it adds an additional ip address, which i have
> not request to use other interfaces:
> root at server:/# dig p3x-dc.patrikx3.com

Patrik, I have told you what your problem is, refusing to accept that
you have setup Bind9 incorrectly is no reason for opening a new thread.

Just in case you missed it, or misunderstood it:

You need to decide which network card you want to use with Samba and set
up smb.conf accordingly.

You need to stop use 'flatfiles' with Samba and use BIND_DLZ instead.

As I said, once you accept your setup is incorrect, I am prepared to
help you set it up correctly.

Rowland