[Samba] Samba generating wrong ipv6 and ipv4 address

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Aug 3 12:45:34 UTC 2019

On 03/08/2019 13:18, Patrik wrote:
> sorry i mean dnsupdate, if i use bind9 with samba dlz dnsupdate does
> not work, so  i have to leave it out.
> my problem is that i got 2 interfaces and still it 2 dual stack ip
> addresses, the 192.168.78.0/24 <http://192.168.78.0/24> is correct.
> the 192.168.81.0/24 <http://192.168.81.0/24> is giving 192.168.81.120
> instead of 192.168.81.20.
> i found the whole root since "/" with grep there is no 192.168.81.120
> at all. only in my router there is for my dolby address is
> 192.168.81.120, but it is not even turned on.
>
> *it get this (with bind9 and dlz it is instead of dnsupdate), so i got:*
> patrikx3 at bitang:~$ nslookup p3x-dc.patrikx3.com
> <http://p3x-dc.patrikx3.com>
> Server: 127.0.0.53
> Address: 127.0.0.53#53

Is this on Ubuntu ?

You are using Samba as an AD DC, so you cannot have anything else using
port 53, so I suggest you do something like this:

sudo systemctl stop systemd-resolved
sudo systemctl disable systemd-resolved.service

This will allow bind9 to use port 53.

> *my bind settings is this:*
> *__*root at server:~# cat /etc/bind/named.conf.local *_
> _*
> // Consider adding the 1918 zones here, if they are not used in your
> // organization
> //include "/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918";
>

> // the order is important!!!! first internal, then external!!!
>

> view "internal-enp1s0f3" {
>     match-clients { "internal-enp1s0f3"; };
>     match-recursive-only yes;
>     recursion yes;
>     allow-recursion { "internal-enp1s0f3"; };
>
>     notify yes;
>     allow-update { none; };
>     allow-query { any; };
>     allow-transfer { xfer; };
>     include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";
>
>     zone "patrikx3.com <http://patrikx3.com>" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/zones/enp1s0f3/patrikx3.com
> <http://patrikx3.com>";
> *include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf.update";*
>     };

You are NOT using dlz, you are using the absolutely unsupported flatfiles.

You need to setup your bind conf files correctly.

> *my samba and it should be correct:*

Problem is that it isn't, once you have accepted that your setup isn't
correct, I am prepared to help you set it up correctly

Rowland