[Samba] Serverinfo Error

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 2 07:39:31 UTC 2019

After a quick look at this thread, yes, i suggest you add a new DC.

I also suggest you read :
First this one.
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/howtos/stretch-base-1.1-checkup.txt
Now you are joining a existing domain.

Line 20, the resolv.conf, set the first name server to you windows DC, the second to the internet.
Besides that, before you install samba do these checks.

Next is the install for the AD-DC.
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/howtos/stretch-base-2.0-samba-minimal-ad.txt
It is getting a bit old but its still correct.

You start with line 38/39.
Follow it until you are at line 183.

Now here it changes a bit since your joining a domain.
First you choose, with or without bind9_dlz.
Personally, i preffer bind9_dlz because its more flexable.

Then
kinit administrator
samba-tool domain join your.dns.domain.tld DC -k yes

Then follow it untill line 258, bind/ no bind..

Follow then untill line 290.
There you can stop, skip the SePrivileges part.

Reboot the server, and check your result.

Greetz,

Louis