[Samba] Samba 4 & Thunderbird Mail Client

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 22:23:19 UTC 2019

Can you turn OFF extended ACLs on the file share used for the profiles
?   I ran into a weird issue years ago with Office 2013 documents on
samba shares with extended ACLs.  Every 5th save the document would get
deleted.  The problem was that every 5th save should have involved
writing a new file, deleting the old file, then renaming the new file to
the original name.  The Windows ACL model doesn't always match up
perfectly with the Unix or Linux ACL model.