[Samba] Samba 4 & Thunderbird Mail Client

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Thu Aug 1 14:27:02 UTC 2019

I'm running Samba 4 and I've created a share on a
member server to hold the message files for the
Thunderbird email client.

Over time I seem to get corruption of the message
files to the point where the folder file needs
to be reconstructed outside of Thunderbird.

In other cases, the file corruption in combination
with folder compaction results in deletion of
the messages in the folder.

This doesn't appear to happen if the message file
are stored locally.  I'm starting to suspect something
with how Thunderbird and Samba are interacting with
respect to handling the files.

Any ideas?

--

Marco