[Samba] winbind seems to hang when the DC goes down instead of switching to the other available DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Aug 1 07:18:33 UTC 2019

This is strange and should not happen.

Verify if all DC's are also available as NS record in the DNS on the zones.
Startup the DNS tool.

Goto you primary dnszone ( and repeat for all other zones )
Do you see all your DC's as NS record in the zone, then its ok, if not..

Klik and Properties on the zone, goto Tab "Nameservers", add the other dc's.

You can also try these settings in resolv.conf

options edns0
options timeout:1
options attempts:2

Greetz,