[Samba] Group policies are not applied

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 30 07:47:49 UTC 2019

Hai,

Why would you ever add Domain users to Local Admins?
Thas really a very big NO NO, dont do that, really.. Dont..
If you want to be an victum of online crime, that thats the way to allow it to happen.

Now your GPO.
Its a new setup, correct? If so.

Login on the AD and kinit Administrator
Run :  samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset -k

Now, goto the Default Domain policy, is "authenticated users" set as security filter? If not, do so.
In that policy change you logon welcom settings.

Clear the windows event logs and now, reboot the computer 2x !
Now login and Check again

Whats the result.

Greetz,

Louis