[Samba] strange gpo behaviour

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 20:12:26 UTC 2019

  Yes, it always does to review the wiki. I don't remember that being there before...

    On Friday, 26 April 2019, 12:05:30 GMT-7, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 18:22:54 +0000 (UTC)
ray klassen via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I mentioned the DNS editing issue and I think that was giving us
> headaches as well, but the actual problem was
> this: /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb was different enough on one
> of the DC's so that after an rsync with acl's, uid's and everything,
> sysvol on one server was not able to give access to the users because
> the uid/gid's did not correspond to the right domain or builtin
> groups/users. Copying /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb over to the
> misbehaving server and deleting
> its /usr/local/samba/var/locks/winbindd_cache.tdb seems to have fixed
> the problem On Thursday, 18 April 2019, 00:18:15 GMT-7, Marco Gaiarin
> via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote: Mandi! Sérgio Basto via
> samba In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > As far as I can tell and in my experience the replications methods
> > that we find in wiki fail in be bi-directional. So to workaround we
> > may force just write POL(s) in just one DC and sync it to the
> > other.
>
> AFAIK gpedit just write to the DC with FSMO role by default.
>
>     https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Rsync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround#Information_on_rsync-based_replication
>
> so, simply use as source the FSMO DC.

Known problem, that well known, there is info on the wiki about it:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Built-in_User_.26_Group_ID_Mappings

Rowland