[Samba] strange gpo behaviour

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 18:22:54 UTC 2019

I mentioned the DNS editing issue and I think that was giving us headaches as well, but the actual problem was this:
/usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb was different enough on one of the DC's so that after an rsync with acl's, uid's and everything,
sysvol on one server was not able to give access to the users because the uid/gid's did not correspond to the right domain or builtin groups/users.
Copying /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb over to the misbehaving server and deleting its /usr/local/samba/var/locks/winbindd_cache.tdb seems to have fixed the problem
    On Thursday, 18 April 2019, 00:18:15 GMT-7, Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 Mandi! Sérgio Basto via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> As far as I can tell and in my experience the replications methods that
> we find in wiki fail in be bi-directional. So to workaround we may
> force just write POL(s) in just one DC and sync it to the other.

AFAIK gpedit just write to the DC with FSMO role by default.

    https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Rsync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround#Information_on_rsync-based_replication

so, simply use as source the FSMO DC.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/