[Samba] Managing samba ad dc with systemd

Igor Sousa igorvolt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:23:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

Rowland,

I've complied samba use:
./configure --enable-debug --enable-selftest --with-systemd
make
make install

I haven't done anything to install MIT Kerberos and I've followed wiki to
install Samba with your default Kerberos. Then I believe that I use Heimdal
Kerberos

I've installed EPEL repository to install python3 and other dependencies
such as python36-dns. I can run samba with samba -D command and by systemd
with systemctl start samba-ad-dc command. I don't know how to stop samba
with samba command and when I've tried to managing it from systemd the
systemctl status samba-ad-dc and it has shown Active: failed and Status
"smbd: ready to serve connections...".

Louis,

samba -b output:

[root at king ~]# samba -b
Samba version: 4.10.2
Build environment:
Paths:
   BINDIR: /usr/local/samba/bin
   SBINDIR: /usr/local/samba/sbin
   CONFIGFILE: /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
   NCALRPCDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/run/ncalrpc
   LOGFILEBASE: /usr/local/samba/var
   LMHOSTSFILE: /usr/local/samba/etc/lmhosts
   DATADIR: /usr/local/samba/share
   MODULESDIR: /usr/local/samba/lib
   LOCKDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/lock
   STATEDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   CACHEDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/cache
   PIDDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/run
   PRIVATE_DIR: /usr/local/samba/private
   CODEPAGEDIR: /usr/local/samba/share/codepages
   SETUPDIR: /usr/local/samba/share/setup
   WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR: /usr/local/samba/var/run/winbindd
   NTP_SIGND_SOCKET_DIR: /usr/local/samba/var/lib/ntp_signd

Best regards,
--
Igor Sousa