[Samba] Configured AD backend but getting different uid and gid

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 25 10:47:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 17:53:44 +0800
Alfonso Conner <c1581634 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the advice, I know these are already EOL but please bear
> with me on that. I also do use CentOS 7 and Windows 10 for further
> testing. Anyway, I found out is due to my "idmap DOMAIN : range"
> value in smb.conf was not set to the correct range.

Yes, that would do it ;-)

> Another thing is libnss-winbind package must make sure to be installed
> properly.

If you want to use kerberos, you will also need libpam-krb5

> After these things are resolved, I managed to see the correct uid and
> gid. ;-)
>
> I have another problem and would like to know is there any
> configuration to trigger logon script when Domain User login to Linux
> Machine? My understanding if is for Windows, I can use RSAT, go to
> the User account properties-> Profile-> Logon script and put the file
> name.

It all depends what you mean by 'logon script' ?
If you mean something to create the users home directory, then yes, add:

session    required   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

to the end of /etc/pam.d/common-session

If this isn't what you require, then can you please explain exactly
what you do require.

Rowland