[Samba] User mapping/login issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 25 07:59:38 UTC 2019

Hai,

I can only think of these last 3 things.
First try enable smb1 again in windows 10 again. I noticed ms changed things again.
Thinking here that the "older samba" your using, with a latest windows is the problem.
Enable smb1 again, think that will fix a lot.

And your sure you vpn line is ok and you dont have packetloss?
Think in test with mtr or smokeping, something like that.

Are the MTU sizes are handled by the firewall?
This is to prevent IP packet fragmentation, so IPTables is set to reduce the size of packets by adjusting the packets' maximum segment size.
Something like this: iptables -A PREROUTING -i ethX -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -m tcpmss --mss 1361:1536 -j TCPMSS --set-mss 1360

Greetz,

Louis