[Samba] Problem to join a windows XP

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 24 14:13:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:37:11 +0000
Rogerio Bettini <rogeriobettini at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Rowland, it was a typo. Sorry, I paste the smb.conf twice.
> I changed the smb.conf as you proposed, so: dns forwarder removed -
> yes it's in named.conf, and ntlm auth / lanman auth  removed. I also
> checked the NTLMv2 configuration in windows XP. But the error is
> still there.
>
> I guess it's MIT as saw this in log:
>   /usr/lib/mit/sbin/krb5kdc:   kerberos: 10
> But how can I confirm which kerberos I'm using ?

You just have ;-)

You are using MIT and, as I said, it is classed as experimental and
should not be used in production.

There are several problems with using MIT on a Samba AD DC and it looks
like you may have found another one.

Are there any suse rpm's available that are built using the default
Heimdal ?

Rowland